From Gardenology.org - Plant Encyclopedia and Gardening wiki
blog comments powered by Disqus
Some great gardening books include:
The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening
Huxley, A., ed. (1992). The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. Macmillan ISBN 0-333-47494-5.
- Fully comprehensive work in four large volumes, each around 800 pages, describing over 50,000 plant species, also many detailed articles on gardening topics.
Flora: The Gardener's Bible
- 'the most comprehensive guide to more than 20,000 plants from around the world. Its 1,584 densely packed pages are illustrated with 12,000 beautiful photographs.' THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH (12/10/03)
And many other similar reviews, all well earned.
American Horticultural Society: A-Z Encyclopedia of Garden Plants
- An incredibly helpful book, and part of a great series of books for all kinds of topics of interest to gardeners.
Sunset Garden Book
- A staple of gardeners in the western USA, the much more detailed zone information alone makes it invaluable. The plant encyclopedia, and tips on what to plant where are quite helpful. Illustrations in the encyclopedia portion are drawn, rather than photos.
Growing with the Seasons
by Frank and Vicky Giannangelo, ISBN 0865346267
- A Sharing of Insights Into the Creative Aspects of Organic Gardening. http://www.avant-gardening.com