|Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture|
Clethra alnifolia, Linn. Sweet Pepperbush. Shrub, 3-10 ft.: Lvs. short-petioled, cuneate, obovate or oblong, sharply serrate, mostly glabrous or nearly so, 2-4 in. long: fls. fragrant, in erect, usually panicled racemes. July-Sept. Maine to Fla. M.D.G. 1890:65; 1903: 473,474. G. 26:63. J.H. III. 31:375. Em. 426. Var. paniculate, Arb. Kew. (C. paniculata, Ait.). Lvs. cuneate-lanceolate, less toothed, green and glabrous on both sides: racemes panicled. Var. rosea, Rehd. With pinkish fls. CH
- Do you have cultivation info on this plant? Edit this section!
- Do you have propagation info on this plant? Edit this section!
Pests and diseases
- Do you have pest and disease info on this plant? Edit this section!
If you have a photo of this plant, please upload it! Plus, there may be other photos available for you to add.
- Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture, by L. H. Bailey, MacMillan Co., 1963
- w:Clethra alnifolia. Some of the material on this page may be from Wikipedia, under the Creative Commons license.
- Clethra alnifolia QR Code (Size 50, 100, 200, 500)