From Gardenology.org - Plant Encyclopedia and Gardening wiki
blog comments powered by Disqus
Acampe (named from the brittle nature of the flower). Orchidaceae. Greenhouse epiphytesCH.
Due to their large size and small flowers, they are rarely cultivatedwp.
- Do you have cultivation info on this plant? Edit this section!
- Do you have propagation info on this plant? Edit this section!
Pests and diseases
- Do you have pest and disease info on this plant? Edit this section!
- Acampe carinata (India and Himalaya to Hainan).
- Acampe cephalotes (Assam)
- Acampe ochracea (India to E. Himalaya and Indo-China)
- Acampe pachyglossa (S. Somalia to S. Africa, W. Indian Ocean).
- Acampe praemorsa (India, Sri Lanka).
- Acampe rigida (Trop. & Subtrop. Asia, New Guinea).
- Acampe thailandica (Thailand).
- A. longifolia (syn. Vanda longifolia). E. Indies. A plant of no decorative value, and rarely, if ever, seen in cult.CH
- Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture, by L. H. Bailey, MacMillan Co., 1963