|Achimenes longiflora subsp. var.|
Describe plant here...
|Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture|
Achimenes longiflora, DC. (A. Jaureguia, Warscz.). Rhizomes root-like and filiform, producing pear-shaped tubers at their ends: st. 1-2 ft., hairy: lvs. opposite or 3-4-whorled, ovate-oblong, serrate, hairy, paler and sometimes tinted beneath: fls. solitary, the corolla salver-shaped, with a long and graceful tube; the limb very large and widely spreading, violet-blue and whitish beneath, the lowest segm. sometimes divided. Guatemala. —A popular blue type. Var. alba maxima, Hort. Fls. large, white. CH
- Do you have cultivation info on this plant? Edit this section!
- Do you have propagation info on this plant? Edit this section!
Pests and diseases
- Do you have pest and disease info on this plant? Edit this section!
If you have a photo of this plant, please upload it! Plus, there may be other photos available for you to add.
- Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture, by L. H. Bailey, MacMillan Co., 1963
- w:Achimenes longiflora. Some of the material on this page may be from Wikipedia, under the Creative Commons license.
- Achimenes longiflora QR Code (Size 50, 100, 200, 500)