|Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture|
Calendula (Latin, calendae or calends: throughout the months). Compositae. Flower-garden plants. Small herbs , the common cult. species annual, others perennial, with alternate simple Ivs., mostly large heads with yellow or orange rays, glabrous incurved achenes, plane naked receptacle, pappus none, and involucre broad, with scales in one or two series, their margin usually scarious.—Some 15 species from Canary Isls. to Persia.CH
- Do you have cultivation info on this plant? Edit this section!
- Do you have propagation info on this plant? Edit this section!
Pests and diseases
- Do you have pest and disease info on this plant? Edit this section!
- Selected species
- Calendula arvensis – Field Marigold
- Calendula bicolor
- Calendula eckerleinii
- Calendula lanzae
- Calendula maderensis – Madeiran Marigold
- Calendula maroccana
- Calendula meuselii
- Calendula officinalis – Pot Marigold
- Calendula stellata
- Calendula suffruticosa
- Calendula tripterocarpa
- Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture, by L. H. Bailey, MacMillan Co., 1963