|Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture|
Deschampsia (for Deslongchamps, a French botanist, 1774—1849). Gramineae. Tufted perennials with shining spikelets in narrow or loose panicles, sometimes grown for dry bouquets. Spikelets mostly 2-fld., with a hairy prolongation of the rachilla; glumes about as long as the florets; lemmas toothed, bearing a dorsal awn.—Species about 20, in the cooler regions of the northern hemisphere.
- Do you have cultivation info on this plant? Edit this section!
- Do you have propagation info on this plant? Edit this section!
Pests and diseases
- Do you have pest and disease info on this plant? Edit this section!
If you have a photo of this plant, please upload it! Plus, there may be other photos available for you to add.
- Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture, by L. H. Bailey, MacMillan Co., 1963
- w:Deschampsia. Some of the material on this page may be from Wikipedia, under the Creative Commons license.
- Deschampsia QR Code (Size 50, 100, 200, 500)