- Do you have a description of this genus or plant? Edit this section!
|Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture|
Sabal princeps, Hort. Large species with a stout trunk which is covered with the persistent bases of the old lvs.: lvs. very large, about 5 ft. long; blade divided into about 100 segms., chartaceous, green; segms. all rather shortly cleft at the apex, about 3 ft. long by 1 1/2 in. broad, acuminate, pointed: fruiting spadices pendent, about 6 ft. long, forming a very dense panicle: spathe tubular-funnelform, striate, obliquely truncate: fr. black, shining, globose. Habitat unknown; cult. in S. Calif. — Resembles S. Blackburniana.
- More information about this species can be found on the genus page.
- Do you have cultivation info on this plant? Edit this section!
- Do you have propagation info on this plant? Edit this section!
Pests and diseases
- Do you have pest and disease info on this plant? Edit this section!