From Gardenology.org - Plant Encyclopedia and Gardening wiki
blog comments powered by Disqus
- More information about this species can be found on the genus page.
- Do you have cultivation info on this plant? Edit this section!
- Do you have propagation info on this plant? Edit this section!
Pests and diseases
- Do you have pest and disease info on this plant? Edit this section!
- Pinus sylvestris var. sylvestris. The bulk of the range, from Scotland and Spain to central Siberia.
- Pinus sylvestris var. hamata Steven. The Balkans, northern Turkey and the Caucasus. Foliage more consistently glaucous all year, not becoming duller in winter; cones more frequently with a pyramidal apophysis.
- Pinus sylvestris var. mongolica Litv. Mongolia and adjoining parts of southern Siberia and northwestern China. Foliage duller green, shoots grey-green; leaves occasionally up to 12 cm long.
- Pinus sylvestris var. nevadensis D.H.Christ. The Sierra Nevada in southern Spain and possibly other Spanish populations. Cones often with thicker scales, but doubtfully distinguishable on morphology.
- Steven, H. M., & Carlisle, A. (1959, facsimile reprint 1996). The Native Pinewoods of Scotland. Castlepoint Press.
- Carlisle, A., & Brown, A. H. F. (1968). Biological Flora of the British Isles: Pinus sylvestris L. J. Ecol. 56: 269-307.
- Flora of NW Europe - Scots Pine
- Trees for Life - Scots Pine
- Gymnosperm Database - Pinus sylvestris